Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things Getting Done

Pepper Cheese Bread is rising and cookies are about to be made. Soup is done just waiting for us to sit down and eat it. Have to make some bannock to go with it.All is sunshiny and peaceful so far on this yet another cold cold day. It is so nice that God blesses us with the sunshine on these short cold days. Have to say I love that~~Thank-you LORD!
We are doing the little things inside that need doing like fixing a lamp and cleaning and mopping behind and underneath furniture that is not easy to move. Baking and trying to get knitting, sewing projects done up between today and the next few days.

Have a big wedding anniversary party to go to on Saturday on our way home from town. Our youngest son will get picked up from the bus too and brought out. We have it figured out so that if we aren't there then one of his older brothers will pick him up and we will meet him in town at church Sunday.

So far the ice is staying put and so is the river. Thankful for that too.
I am looking out the window here and can see the cows and bull are standing next to the barn soaking up the rays. The horses are happily eating at the bale. We have a breeze starting to pick up which is not what we want but guess we have no choice but to deal with it.
Squirrels have been out and about too busy as can be.They love the sunshine too.
All in all all is well here. I can get hot/cold packs made today I think. I have another little toque almost finished too. With that and cleaning and baking I do not think I will be bored. Not that getting bored is ever a thing with me! I can always think up something and if not I can always pester my poor dear Dennis! I think up ways to keep him busy and he rolls his eyes. We laugh!
We can't actually thaw the cabin out as the ice is not going to melt in this cold with just that little cookstove. So no use in wasting good firewood. we will give it a try again when it warms up a little better then maybe we can make some head way.
Better go now and get the bread punched down and into bread pans.

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things
and be in
health, just as your soul prospers.
3 John 1:2


God Bless
Roxanne

1 comment:

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

I am happy to hear that all is well with you. Pepper cheese bread sounds wonderful. I have never tried to make bread but I want to. I hear that it takes a while to get use to doing it right.

Elizabeth