Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Bunnies


Digging my way into the bunny house, which is actually the neglected greenhouse, I found all three of them happy and content but thirsty. As usual there water dish is frozen but I have their water in a rubber dish so I can take a big hammer and smash the ice and refill it with warm water.
The door was snowed in again so I really dug out a path in hopes that it will last for a couple of days. If the wind does not start up I should see my hopes to fruition.

The three got a pet and looked for their carrots and the crackers I gave them. They just love to chew up crackers. I am thinking I will make them some crackers today as it gives them something to chew on these long nights and short days.
Went over and got an arm load of hay for them
even though they still had hay. The thought is that they can make beds out of it if they don't want to eat it. Making nests really keeps them occupied.
The one cow was not into me being in the "cowyard" she put her head down and thought to chase me off. Good ol' Pepsi dog wasn't going to have anything to do with that. My Nellie dog ran off a distance ~~she hasn't had them turn on her before so she wasn't much help. I will have to call her the wannabe cow dog or some other such name. She is young yet so there is still hope.
The weather is a lot milder than it has been. Makes being outside a little easier.
This morning I was looking up something (can't remember what now) and got off on a rabbit trail so to speak and found a thing on snowflakes. On National Geographic They have some very cool photos of snow chrystals. Amazing
! I love the coloured ones.
When I was younger ~~much younger I used to always cut out paper snowflakes. Our one daughter was always decorating her room in paper snowflakes. You would think she was working on her homeschool work and go check on her and there she be~~happy as a pig in a mud puddle with scraps of paper all over the room and piles of snowflakes and very little schooling done.
She did grow up and she does know alot of stuff and can read, write and do arithmetic too. She even graduated LOL!
We were suppose to be getting company today but they phoned and are very sick. That is not too good for them but now I have a big pot of spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker and only three of us to ea
t it. I can always frreze the leftovers so not too worry.
The birds seem to have found the feeders and suet again. SWEET! I love having them around ~~unfortunately no Stellers J
ays too bad. They are so fun to watch. Kind of bossy but they are still alot of fun.
In the meantime I will do some more sewing a
nd baking of some sort. You never know just what may happen or just who may show up unannounced.

Let the words of my mouth
and the meditations of my heart

Be acceptable in Your sight,
O LORD, my strength and my redeemer.
Psalm19:14

Making bunny biscuits and hoping your day isn't hopping around from one thing to another ~~maybe a nice warm cozy nest for you would be lovely and a cup of carrot juice.

Roxanne

No comments: