Monday, December 1, 2008

It's DECEMBER!

The first day of December and it is raining and snowing a slushy type of snow and freezing rain. Trying hard not to worry about our two sons that are driving logging trucks in this stuff. I don't know which roads would be worse the bush roads or the highways. It is a sin to worry so note that I am not worrying just overly concerned!
No matter what the weather is outside right now here it is December and like every year's December I have too much to do to spend much time fretting over weather. As long as the power doesn't go out I will be just fine. I have Christmas Stollen to make today and Pepper Cheese Bread. Although we live at the end of the grid and when power goes out it can take along time for them to fix it. This ranch is provided with a cookstove but it is electric. Too bad! Wish I could put my wood cookstove in or even my propane stove. Someday maybe I guess.
The sky is heavy and the world looks soggy. Puppies are playing and fire is throwing its welcomed warmth.
With baking to do and knitting and crocheting , sewing and not to forget regular everyday chores along with meals I do not think I will be bored that is for sure.
It might not be a good day for Dennis to be falling trees like he was planning on~~maybe he can do some inside things. He has a few things he has been wanting to do inside so this might be the perfect day yet!
You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and
put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and
it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Matthew5:14-16
I do not have a new broom to make a clean sweep of things with but I will put my old broom to use. Praying that all of you have a busy cheerful day of accomplishments.
God Bless
Roxanne

No comments: