Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 31st,2008


Being as it is the last day of 2008 I have been reflecting on the past year and wondering what I could write about?! Do I write about the blessings of the year or the harsh realities that came upon us or those we love? Is the weather or our pets something of interest? The summer being a cold one even for this country~~the pets with their babies being a prolific bunch~~I could write about the garden a daughter-in-law and I built or the shelter we built and lived in for the summer. I could write about this ranch we are living on and care-taking. There is so much rich history I could go on about that forever. Wild life yes, I could write about that and just nature. There is plenty of that around me to write about. The grandchildren there is something just about everyone wants to write about~~well actually more like brag about~~ but hey we have twelve of them to brag about so I could brag for quite awhile. Our own children and their trials and tribulationsblessings that is another subject I could write about for a good amount of time too. My homemaking skills or lack thereof even after all these years I am still learning, stretching, growing ~~maturing! My husband, I could tell you about how we have been together since I was 17 and he 19 and now we are in our 50's and how we have been doing this year that is about to come to an end. I could tell you about the rodeo accidents a couple of our sons have had this year. One having a bull stick him with its horn under his vest just below his heart. Another one who had his head stomped on by a bull breaking his face and ripping his ear off(All back together now) I could tell you about tragic accidents and tragic lives. Oh my there is so much to look over in 2008. and looking forward to 2009 I think of the year to come. I could probably give you all kinds of "sound" advice. But you know what there is one psalm that comes back to my mind~~memeorized since a child and most people know~~

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:He leadeth me beside still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk in through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Psalm 23

The LORD is with you throughout the year to come.
Peace Love Joy
Roxanne

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for this reminder. It is so very true! May God bless you in 2009!