Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Morning Glory


How to tell of the morning we are having here. -23 and the sun rose shining its glory over our little part of the earth. Blue-white sparkling off of all the trees and willow brush. The ray's of bright gold slashing through the shadows turning all in their depth into a mauvish golden hue. The snow covered fields, river, sheds, and mountains all quiet in their own glittering glory. It is too awesome for words. My husband reaches out and shuts the hoopla of Barack Obama off the radio. Oh My!! What are you doing dear?' I am a Canadian and even if I were American I would never have voted for him.What is this bullhooey about anyhow? Since when do we pick songs for an American president? Do they pick songs for our Prime Minister?? So from the frozen north of my igloo and ignorance I will show the world how politically incorrect I am and shut it OFF!' OOOOh somehow that just doesn't match up with the beautiful morning outside our window. But the life of the opinionated bushwacked man is simply stated and not really cares how people think or feel about it.
In the meantime back at the ranch~~~I have many dishes to do as yesterday our system was overloaded with the laundry being done. Backed up in the toilet and tub and all over my wee tiny bathroom. So I scrubbed it down from ceiling to floor. Cleaned the window and the mirror, sorted the drawers and little cupboard. Washed the walls, door and cupboard fronts and inside of them. and scrubbed all the rest. It is now a shining glory itself second only to the great scenery out the window. Welllllll
kind of!
I am doing the handquilting now on the quilt and have found another little pattern for our grandaughter whose birthday is at the end of February. It is a crib quilt but I am sure with some work I can make it into a single bed size quilt. That would be fun.
Off to church at the Pastor's home this evening so had better get busy and do the things that need doing around here. Funny but it seems the best way to get things done is to get up off one's hind end and do it.

For you shall go out with joy,
And be led out with peace;
the mountains and hills
shall break froth into singing befroe you,
And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Isaiah 55:12

Happy Sunday and the Lord be with you
Roxanne

No comments: