Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rockabilly Saturday Night


The music from the CBC radio stationed blasted away bringing with it the nostalgia of years gone by. Back home on the reserve Dennis and I were quite the dancers by the elders opinions. So back to the present we danced together around the kitchen trying not to trip over the woodpile and managing to scare the tar out of the dogs. They found hiding places under chairs and tables. We had fun.Rocking the night away at Blackwater River Ranch. Stiff drinks of tea in our cups and laughing and dancing and thinking this is the life. Oh by the way both of us are kind of sick with a cold thing that blaaah but that did not dampen our spirits just didn't go to the gospel sing we were invited to. I wonder if maybe we are getting bushed.
This morning the snow is really coming down. We will not go out to church at our pastor's house this evening. Don't think they want us to share our bug.Have lots to do here to keep ourselves occupied so we won't get bored or anything.
Breakfast is out of the way and think it is time for a shower. Then I will start on my day of what I have n
ot fully decided. There is the usual and still have more mending to do for my friend. Should work out a menu now that I have some groceries to choose from. There is this lovely kitty litter box to clean. YUK!! But it is not pleasant smelling so better be done soon today.I would like to keep sewing. I tried cutting the pieces for a log cabin square by scissors as my quilting rolling cutter is not working. It is broken. It is hard to keep everything really straight. but am thinking I will cut long strips and then just measure the lenghts I need and cut them that way. Have to remember my colour scheme too. which piece goes in which place. Shouldn't get alzheimers doing this. Man oh man my poor widdle brain is being pressure

The LORD will strengthen him on his bed of
illness;
You will sustain him on his sickbed.
Psalm 41:3

In Christ
Roxanne

1 comment:

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

How wonderful that you had such a fun time dancing the night away. Sorry to hear that both of you are sick. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Blessings,
Elizabeth