Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ice Age


It is Sunday morning~~it is 30 below~~the dogs are hugging the heater~~everyone else in the house is still sleeping~~it is 30 below~~the logs are popping and banging~~the trees outside(yes I have been outside a bit this morning already to let dogs in and out) the trees outside are popping and making their shotgun shells~~Praise the LORD for the grown children that have come to visit~~the happy doggies~~a husband that loves me~~the joy of grandchildren~~and at 30 below there are no mosquitoes or blackflies!!
I am trying not to think of when spring will come. That could be a challenging thought or thoughts especially when you h
ear from people in the states and they are GARDENING!!We don't even know if we have earth!!I think that is what the trees are growing out of~~maybe they are just frozen sticks stuck into the snow with branches with green needles so that we know there is a different colour in the world besides beautiful sparkly white!!
Mud could be beautiful !
Anyhow I do have a big rice pudding to make up for breakfast and some muffins too. I think I will make cocoa oatmeal
muffins and one other kind of muffins. Then there is the little retirement party all of us are heading off to this afternoon so I need to make some kind of finger food for that. Was thinking of cheese pinwheels and cinnamon pinwheels. They go over well in these kinds of things and I have the ingredients and they are cheap and easy to make.
Been teachin
g our Michelle to crochet.She is doing really well with that. Now to try and teach her to knit sometime today.
We will have to start our other wood heater this morning as it is just way to cold in here. The only warm room this morning is the kitchen. I want to have a shower a
nd scared I will freeze to death if I stay long in the bathroom
hahaha
Think I should go and see if I can warm up as the computer is not in a warm room at present and although I am wrapped in a warm blankie my fingers and toes are going to break off soon.


Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart.
All you who hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31:24

God bless all of you
with a super wonderful
SUNDAY!
Roxanne ps I am also praising the LORD for INDOOR PLUMBING!!YES!!

4 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Enjoy your party later on today!

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

I would love to have someone teach me how to crochet. I'm trying to teach myself but I just haven't had much time lately to learn. The weather here has turned cool again. Although the highs are still in the 50's, which is a heat wave compared to your -30 degrees. I hope you have a wonderful time at the retirement party this afternoon and thanks for sharing part of your morning. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Sharon said...

It's cold here too. . .I'll be so happy to see spring time. Have a blessed day!

Sharon

Naise said...

Yes..we are thinking about gardening here. The daffodils and wild dogwoods are blooming. It won't be long now before everything is leafy again. Time to tame some more vines!
Take care,
Naise