Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Home Body


The river has been breaking up bringing with it mini ice-bergs.When I am outside the sound of scraping ice on ice and crashing and colliding of huge chunks of ice are not far from my ears. Sometimes it sounds like thunder.
Our ice jam has broken up so the water is flowing back where it should be. Praising the LORD for that.
We enjoy watching the bufflehead ducks playing on the river like it is a big water slide. They come down the river willy nilly climb up onto the ice and then fly up in groups just to come swooshing back down. The best is when a graceful and very mature looking swan came down river sideways then backwards making us think what could possibly be wrong with it. Maybe the current is too strong only to see it climb up on the ice and fly up river to come down all crazy like again and again.
I have been crocheting, sewing, cleaning, chopping wood,packing wood and whatever other chores that are needing to be done.
Our Bible Study is progressing along nicely. Still in 2 Peter but it is good. Always learning something.
Now it is getting late and I really should be going and doing some evening things that need to be taken care of.
Oh my seedlings are really taking off so I will have to make a whole bunch of my newspaper plant pots to put these little guys into. The cool thing about these is that when it is time to plant the whole thing can go into the ground as the paper disintegrates. and at this point no I am not worried about the lead in the ink getting into the plant and killing me when I eat it. I will just leave all that in the hands of my LORD.

He who works his landwill
have abundant food,
but he who chases fantasies
lacks judgement.
Proverbs 12:11

Have a restful evening everyone
Roxanne

No comments: