Monday, February 15, 2010

Mush Myths


It is midwinter. There is no getting around it. Yesterday the drive to the little cafe/store where I work was what one would call "interesting!!" Being as I am not use to driving on an ice road it was challenging. I think if I was brave enough I would have turned around and gone back home but the thought of trying to turn around was just waaaay to scary for this gal. Onward HO! I did make it there and then was told I did not have to work till 3pm. It was 10 a.m. my usual time for work on Sundays. I did not drive back home just went to our friend's home not far from the store and visited there. Now that was fun as I do not get to visit there often.
The Valentine's Day supper was a raging success with everyone thoroughly enjoying their steak, prawns, stuffed potato, and glazed carrot supper. They could have soup or salad beforehand and because it was a ticket supper and private party there was wine(red or white) and beer to choose from along with
their coffee, tea, juice, pop, milk or water. We usually close at six. This time we closed at five. Only those who had bought tickets were admitted. I was done my part of the work by close to 7:30. The drive home was much better although I did drive slowly as I wasn't sure just how icy it still was and not really wanting to land in the ditch to find out! haha
This Monday morning I have these mushy thoughts of menu making for the rest of the month. Trying to be creative with what is on hand but not really getting very far past the big five gallon can of oatmeal! It really is not a myth that you can do lots with oatmeal and we could always have bacon a
nd fried oatmeal with ketchup on it. Then there is cougar meat to throw in for variation plus I could do something with the last of the turkey that I cooked the other day. It was just cooked nothing fancy so I can make soup and cut up meat to freeze for casseroles or I could make up the casseroles and freeze them. Decisions decisions.
I have been crocheting this sweet little dress and just have to put the hem trim on it and some kind of lining then it will be done. There is the sewing to do. I really should, now that I am home from our world travels to Manitoba, get the last of our youngest son's quilt finished. It would be nice to do that.
There is a
chicken house to clean out and the rabbit house should get cleaned out too. There is always cupboards to clean and kitty litter to change(eeewww) I could wash walls in the bathroom and make the toilet bowl shine. In other words there is no lack of things to do. I think I will pour myself another cup of tea and see if I can make a decision ~~maybe I will just go for a long long walk...

But as for you, brethen,
do not grow weary in doing good.
2 Thessalonians 3:13

The grace of our
Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
Roxanne

No comments: