Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Long Nights Moon


The moon shine was so beautiful last night and still beautiful this morning. Although I believe it is not actually considered full till tomorrow and some exact moment in time. It is full enough to my untrained eye to just be captivated by the beauty of it all. When standing out in the cold looking about oneself the snow has a blue silver look to it and you can see for a long distance it is so light out. the heavy snow that fell the night before still clings to the trees as there has been no wind and the temperatures stayed down enough that even though the sun shone it couldn't bring a melt enough to bring the snow down off the trees.
I am thankful that the sun shone and that it wasn't too hot or too cold as we sorted cows and calves most of yesterday. Not always the most pleasant of jobs but in weather that is cold with wind and snow whipping about you it is even more unpleasant. Yesterdays sorting though was steady work but at least it was straight forward and although extremely noisy with mamas bawling(more like roaring) for their calves and calves bawling for their mamas we got it done in time for afternoon coffee. Jean and I had chickory that she had grown in her own garden and roasted herself. I have to say it was the best chicory I have had in many many years. Now I want to grow some myself. I never realized it would grow here but I guess being like a dandelion it will grow just about anywhere. You just always seem to learn something new.
I am working away at Christmas presents and trying to get all of that done on time then get told that I will be getting a lot more hours at work. That is good financially but not so good for the home crafts. I guess I will just have to work harder and faster. No boring moments around this place that is for sure.
We have a cow to butcher too but she probably could use some graining and personal attention before actually butchering her. I guess that decision will have to be made real soon too as to grain her etc she will be brought from the Udy Creek ranch ot ours then we have to think of the butchering process itself cause then no tractor to lift and hang her from. I would like to feed her up somewhat as she is skinny but realize some of the other difficulties so my husband and the son that will orchestrate the butchering will have to decide what they want to do.
In the meantime I have to get some bread made this morning before off to work this afternoon and there is always crocheting sewing and knitting to do and lets not ever forget the housework and a chicken coop that has to be cleaned and fresh hay put in it.
There is a snoopy huge cat trying to get on my keyboard he likes to bite at my moving fingers I am going to throw him out in the beautiful morning moonlight so he can find something else to bite at.

I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart;
I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
I will be glad and rejoice in thee:
I will sing praise to thy name,
O thou most High.
Psalm 9:1&2

God Bless
Roxanne

1 comment:

Linda said...

Bless you! I hope this day finds you warm and cozy and not overly busy!

PS: are you still looking for some plaid flanellette?